Summer Programs for Children, Teens and Families
Summer is the perfect time to connect with nature and explore the outdoors!
(View all of our programs in a calendar format here)
- Parent-Tot Nature Discovery
- 2 year olds with a parent or caregiver | Fridays, June 10-August 5 | 9:00-10:30 a.m
- Story Time Adventure
- 3-4 year olds | Fridays, June 10-August 5 | 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- Nature Detectives
- 5-7 year olds | Monday-Thursday, July 11-14 | 9:00-11:30 a.m.
- 8-11 year olds | Monday-Thursday, July 11-14 | 1:00-3:30 p.m.
- Art in Nature
- 5-7 year olds | Monday-Thursday, July 25-28 | 9:00-11:30 a.m.
- Fantastic Forts
- 7-11 year olds | Monday-Thursday, August 1-4 | 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Boat Building Workshop
- Family Workshops (teams of 2, ages 10+) | Saturday or Sunday, August 13 or 14 | 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- 6th-8th graders | Monday-Wednesday, August 15-17 | 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- High School students | Thursday-Friday, August 11-12 | 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Family Campfires
- Families with children ages 2-12 years old | Wednesdays: June 15, 29 and July 6 | 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- Family Campfire: Winnie the Pooh with Citadel Theatre
- Families with children ages 2-12 years old | Wednesday: July 20 | 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Center for Conservation Leadership Certificate Program
- High School Students
Summer Program Refund/Cancellation Terms and Conditions
Advance registration required. If you are unable to attend a summer program for any reason, advance notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org is required and refunds are issued as follows:
- Cancel 6 weeks prior to program start date: Full refund
- Cancel up to 3 weeks prior to program start date: 50% refund
- Cancel after 3 weeks prior to program start date: No refund
Lake Forest Open Lands reserves the right to cancel a program with inadequate enrollment 2 weeks prior to the program start date. Full refunds will be issued in this case.
If you have any questions regarding programs or registration, please contact us or call 847.943.7429