- Click here for a calendar view of our events, education programs and volunteer work days. Click on the event for specific details, location and directions.
- Center for Conservation Leadership Certificate Ceremony: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 9:00 a.m.-noon, Greenbelt Cultural Center
- The Play Out: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 1:00-4:00 p.m., Mellody Farm Nature Preserve
- Cattails & Cocktails: Friday, May 15, 6:00-9:00 p.m., Mellody Farm Nature Preserve
- Go Native! Plant & Tree Sale: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Mellody Farm Nature Preserve
- Bagpipes & Bonfire: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 4:00-7:00 p.m., Middlefork Farm Nature Preserve
Center for Conservation Leadership Certificate Ceremony
9:00 a.m. - noon
Join the Center for Conservation Leadership students as they present their
inspirational stewardship projects. International Crane Foundation Co-Founder George
Archibald will be our guest keynote speaker. For more information and to RSVP please email CCL@LFOLA.org or call 847.910.4610.
1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Join us for a complimentary day of outdoor activities and celebrate the importance of kids spending time in nature. Sparked by Chicago Wilderness' Leave No Child Inside initiative, "The Play Out" encourages families to get outside and enjoy a variety of activities promoting creativity and exploration in nature.
Appropriate for children ages 3-13
6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Join us for the Lake Forest Open Lands' Associate Board event, Cattails & Cocktails, held under the stars at Mellody Farm Nature Preserve. Event includes dinner, dancing and a bourbon tasting. Proceeds will go to the Lake Forest Open Lands' intern program.
Advance pricing: $75/person by midnight on May
13th. Reservations available online in mid-March.
Go Native! Plant & Tree Sale
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Welcome in spring with Lake Forest Open Lands and The City of Lake Forest. A wide variety of native grasses, woodland wildflowers, prairie and savanna plants, shrubs and trees will be available for purchase. Arborists and plant specialists will be on hand to answer questions.
Garden kits and a selection of native trees will be available for pre-order. Pre-orders are available in limited quantities.
Middlefork Farm Nature Preserve
Sunday, September 27, 2015
4:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Join us for our 28th annual Bagpipes & Bonfire on Sunday, September 27, 2015. Bring the whole family for an evening of games, fun, Scottish entertainment, picnic feast, wine, beer & spirits at the beautiful Middlefork Farm Nature Preserve. The evening culminates with the landing of kilted sky divers, a dramatic bagpipes procession and the lighting of the bonfire. For questions about the event please email
or call 847.234.3880 x17.
Please join us at one of the following sponsorship levels for Bagpipes & Bonfire and enjoy some of the benefits below.
- Four tickets to the event;
- Patron listing in the Bagpipes & Bonfire invitation;
- One valet parking pass on site with special entrance and patron bar;
- Family photo taken at the event.
Order of the Tartan benefits:
- All of the above plus;
- Order of the Tartan listing in the Bagpipes & Bonfire invitation;
- Two additional tickets to the event for a total of 6 tickets;
- Special Order of the Tartan Hospitality Tent, including special Tartan buffet and full bar.
- Listing as a Grand Tartan Sponsor on our invitation;
- Special reserved tented seating area with an exclusive Scotch Bar;
- Eight tickets to the event; Additional tickets are available at a discount;
- 2 valet parking passes with one parking spot directly behind the tents!
- Special entrance bar with a buffet dinner for you and your guests;
- Special gift from Lake Forest Open Lands;
- Professional family photo taken at the event.