Updated listing coming soon
Work alongside environmental educators to lead local summer outdoor nature camps!
Our summer Eco-Camp open the door to adventure and the magic of the natural world. This is a wonderful opportunity for educators and environmental science students to gain hands-on teaching experience.
We offer 1 to 2 week, grade specific day camps for students in kindergarten through 6th grade.
Date and Hours:
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Training and set-up dates: June 4 - 14
- Program dates: June 17 - August 2
- Participation in entire camp training
- Daily care and supervision of campers from drop-off to pick-up (approx. 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- Delivery of activities and lessons for a group of approximately 12-13 campers with a co-counselor
- Preparation of daily activities as well as take-down/clean-up
- Serving as a point of contact for camper families
- Performing light maintainence of props and facilities
- Transporting campers when necessary
Work with environmental educators to lead students in local summer nature camps. Responsibilities include the daily care, education and supervision of campers, camp prep and takedown, and light maintenance. Daily activities may include investigating local ecosystems, teaching outdoor skills such as plant and animal identification, campfire cooking, knot tying, animal tracking, canoeing and biking and others. This is a wonderful opportunity for educators and environmental science students to gain hands-on teaching experience. Camp meets Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. with occasional extended days and overnights.
- Must be energetic, enjoy working with children, and have a love of the outdoors;
- Experience working with children preferred;
- Familiarity with the natural history of our region and outdoor experience in camping, canoeing etc. preferred;
- Must be comfortable in the water;
- Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid drivers license and be certified in CPR and First Aid by start date;
- Ability to work occasional nights and overnights;
- Tasks will require extensive walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing and lifting up to 50 pounds;
- Must pass a background check before hire.
Duration: Full camp season runs from June 4 - August 2, 2019. No camps week of July 4 and no work on July 4-5. All applicants must be available for the entire camp season.
For any questions, please contact our Education staff.